Veterinary Clinic Services
The Bendigo Animal Hospital (BAH) is a vet clinic and small animal hospital, utilising the latest in diagnostic imaging, medical and surgical facilities. While we commonly treat a sick dog or cat, we also treat unusual pets, such as rabbits, guinea pigs, and snakes.
Our clinic offers a broad range of veterinary services:
- Medical consultation: pet wellness exams, pet vaccination, and general pet health-care advice.
- Emergency care: After-hours vet emergency service.
- Micro-chip: It is a legal requirement to have your pet micro-chipped. This ensures safe return of your pet if it is lost or injured. This simple procedure takes only a few seconds and is normally performed in the consulting room.
- Pet nutrition advice: for specific dietary needs and pet obesity.
- Routine surgery: such as desexing and lump removal.
- Hospitalised medical care: for animals, including intensive hospitalisation for fluid therapy and infused medications.
- Surgical procedures: for both soft tissue and advanced orthopaedic.
- Diagnostic examination and clinical pathology: both in-house, and out-sourced for specialist interpretation where necessary.
- Animal dentistry: utilising modern veterinary dental equipment with ultrasonic scalers, high-powered cutting, drilling and polishing devices.
- Puppy School: This is an invaluable socialising experience for your pup. Sue has been taking the Bendigo Animal Hospital Puppy School for seven years, and her graduates just love to come back!
- Premium veterinary pet foods and pet accessories: We have a range of quality pet accessories available and over the counter medications such as pet washes, dental maintenance, worming and flea treatments. The Bendigo Animal Hospital stocks the largest range of premium quality prescription pet food from both Royal Canin and Hills Pet Nutrition in the Bendigo area. If you would like diet advice please ask the friendly staff or make an medical appointment for you and your pet.
- Reminders: To be sure you don’t miss your pet’s vaccinations or annual wellness check-up, we routinely send out reminders. You can always choose to opt out by informing our receptionist.
- Visiting veterinary specialists
- Email Newsletter: Our newsletter includes information such as: updates on pet health issues, current items in the media, and what’s happening around the hospital.
- Social Media: Follow us on Facebook and visit our Blog to catch up on interesting stories, photos and Community Service programs.
- Pet Insurance: You may like to consider pet insurance to help allay the costs of extensive veterinary treatment. Although we are not insurance providers, we can give you details of companies currently offering pet insurance.
- Imaging procedures:
- Digital radiology: The Bendigo Animal Hospital uses a modern digital x-ray system. This allows for superior digital radiological
imaging, for the enhancement, refinement and storage of captured images. These images can be immediately assessed by our veterinary staff,
clients may view them during their discharge appointments and, most importantly, images can immediately be sent to
specialist veterinary radiologists for expert assessment, if required.
- Digital ultrasonography: The benefit of digital imaging is that it allows for image enhancement and, if necessary, immediate email
communication to a specialist for a second opinion.
- Endoscopy of the upper respiratory tract, gastroscopy and colonoscopy: Use of endoscopy imaging enables direct visualization of the upper respiratory tract, more accurately enabling the identification and removal of foreign bodies, such as grass seeds, and the assessment of conditions such as tumours, etc. We are also able to investigate and treat gastroscopy conditions, such as stomach for ulcers, tumours, and foreign bodies.